Igor Tikhonov, DDS, MD
Meet Dr. Tikhonov
Dr. Igor Tikhonov was born in Ukraine and raised in Seattle, Washington. His interest in oral surgery developed over time, and while he was completing his training, he realized the specialty appealed to him more than any other.
Dr. Tikhonov enjoys being an oral surgeon for the simple reason of helping patients. He finds his job incredibly rewarding and he works hard to help patients feel comfortable and reassured that he will treat them like family.
Dr. Tikhonov received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Washington in 2006. He earned his DDS degree from the University of Washington School of Dentistry in Seattle, graduating at the top of his class.
Dr. Tikhonov then received his Medical Degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, a top-ranked medical school. Dr. Tikhonov remained in Dallas to complete a much sought-after residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the esteemed Parkland program. During his time he received training in Anesthesiology, General Surgery and Neurosurgery. In his 6 year residency program, Dr. Tikhonov was exposed to some of the most complex cases and highest volume of any oral surgery program in the world. Dr. Tikhonov received extensive training in minimally invasive TMJ surgery, microsurgery for nerve repair, facial trauma, orthognathic surgery and dental implant surgery.
Dr. Tikhonov focuses his practice on minimally invasive techniques. His priority is to provide excellent outcomes with less pain, less swelling, and less healing time.
Hobbies & Interests
Outside of work, Dr. Tikhonov enjoys traveling, playing tennis, and Crossfit.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, University of Washington (2006)
- Distinction in Biochemistry, University of Washington (2006)
- Annual Dean’s List, University of Washington (2004-06)
- Martin Honors Scholarship (2004-06)
- Annual Washington Promise Scholarship, Governor Gary Locke (2004-06)
- Golden Key International Honor Society (2008-present)
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity (2010-present)
- American Student Dental Association (2008-present)
- American Dental Education Association (2008-present)
- American Association for Dental Research (AADR) member (2010)
- Graduated with Honors, Shoreline Community College (2004)
Tikhonov, I, et al. Magnetic Resonance Neurography of Traumatic and Nontraumatic Peripheral Trigeminal Neuropathies. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018 Apr;76(4):725-736.